Oh, For the Love of Words Friday! (5) Maggie Stiefvater


On Fridays, I celebrate words. That means that I either share a new vocabulary word that I've recently learned or a passage of particularly beautiful prose that I've encountered in past or present literary sojourns. Did you learn a new SAT word this week? Did you read a passage eight times over and dab tears from your eyes at the beauty of it? Then, please, do share!
In my excitement over Maggie Stiefvater's announcement of her upcoming book, The Raven Boys (start the countdown: it's out September 18!), I've chosen two of my favorite lyrical Maggie passages. These ones are in honor of Valentine's Day.




  There is no better taste than this: someone else's laughter in your mouth.



...he walks over to me, dark and silent. He's looking at me like he looked at me at the festival, and I know I'm looking back. Something wild and old spins inside me, but I don't have any words.

Comments

SaraO said…
Oh, I remember that laughter line. Loved it so much when I read it. I know we say this time and time again but I love her writing.

Again, I'm an epic fail for not reading Scorpio Races yet...Epic.

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Books That Broke My Heart a Little

Top Ten Authors I'd Invite to Thanksgiving

11/22/63: Part One