Top Ten Books I Wish I Could Read Again for the First Time
Check out The Broke and the Bookish every Tuesday for their newest "Top Ten Tuesday" list. And you can click here for upcoming questions. Top Ten Books I Wish I Could Read Again for the First Time: 1. Ride the Wind by Lucia St. Clair Robson . Full disclosure here. When I saw Dances with Wolves when I was about 13, I didn’t crush on Kevin Costner, but rather, on Wind-in-His-Hair, the fierce long-haired Sioux warrior. As a kid, I daydreamed about being an orphaned pioneer girl who was captured by a party of raiding Indians (I had to pretend I didn’t have a family somehow or else the daydream would be unconscionable... hence my orphan-hood). Then one of the fierce warriors—who could be surprisingly gentle—would fall in love with me and: Happy Ever After. On the plains. In a teepee. With four papooses and a travois. (Hmmm, is this weird?) So maybe that's why Ride the Wind spoke so powerfully to my 14-year-old heart: it was the stuff of all ...

Comments